Girl Next Door? Charming Pup? Read on!
Apply to Feature Your Dog In Our 2019 calendar! Become A Brand Ambassador or Brand Ambassadog for Pinups for Pitbulls, Inc. Today!
Your application helps us save lives! We have helped to prevent AND put an end to BSL in multiple cities. We are able to do so with funds from our annual model call donations. Whether you are selected or not, your donation definitely helps us with our mission.
Applications must be received by 4/3/18.
Before you proceed, you need to know the following:
- There is a $50 REQUIRED (tax-deductible) donation to complete this submission. No exceptions.
- Payment MUST be submitted THROUGH THIS FORM which will occur at the end of your application. You will be prompted to make the payment through our website. If the donation is made elsewhere (i.e. mailed, donate button on our website, etc.) you will receive a donation “thank you letter,” but will not be considered for the model call via that donation. The model application donation can be paid via Credit Card or PayPal at the end of this form. Thank you in advance!
(If you do not receive confirmation of donation, your application has not been accepted/submitted/reviewed.)
*Only ONE person per application. You CANNOT submit as a “team.” You can apply as:
- 1 human model without a dog
- 1 human model with a dog
- 1 dog needing a human model (which PFPB will provide).
As a result of your application, you will automatically be added to our e-newsletter database. If you prefer to not receive our e-newsletter, once you receive our first newsletter, you will be given the opportunity to change your preferences.
HINT: One of the best ways to stand out to our judging panel is by helping us promote the model call and Pinups for Pitbulls, Inc. regularly through your social media channels. Don’t forget to tag us and hashtag #pfpbmodelcall19 #pinupsforpitbulls so we notice you!
SAVE YOUR WORK AS YOU GO! Once you’ve completed page 1, it will prompt you to save the link for your application and to email the link to yourself. It will be the ONLY way to get back to your application should your browser freeze or crash. So, please save your work!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (Please Read):
- Can I apply with a friend or a sibling? No. Only ONE person per application. You CANNOT submit as a “team.” You can apply as: 1 human model without a dog, 1 human model with a dog, or 1 dog needing a human model.
- When will the shoots take place? Will my dog have to get along with other dogs at the photoshoot?
All photo shoots will take place in Philadelphia, PA at Celeste Giuliano’s Photography studio. This is a professional studio setting. We will NOT have multiple dogs on set. Your studio day will be reserved for you, Celeste’s hair & make up team, your dog handler (if applicable), our team, and your dog (if applicable) and that’s it. Your shoot would only be a half day long (AM or PM) sometime on or between June 12th-18th, 2018. You will be notified of your date and time by PFPB.
- Will my expenses be covered by Pinups for Pitbulls, Inc.? It will be YOUR financial responsibility to get to and from your photo shoot and to make your own travel arrangements for your dog; if you are applying with a dog or for a dog. We highly recommend considering this if you would need to fly, drive a long distance, and/or stay overnight. You can use our Airbnb referral code for $40 off.
- Do I need to be a Pin-Up model or have modeling experience? Do I need to provide professionally shot photographs with my application? Absolutely not. The majority of our pin-ups in the calendar are animal advocates in their communities. Many of those ladies experienced pin-up modeling for their first time on the day of their shoot. All selected candidates will receive first class directing and assistance from Celeste Giuliano and her team. You do NOT need to submit professionally shot photographs with your application!
- Can I apply if I do not have a pit bull-type dog? Absolutely! Please apply by selecting the “Model Only” option.
- Do I need to have tattoos to be considered? Absolutely not! Many of our past pin-ups have tattoos but that is certainly not the reason that they were selected. Many of our past pin-ups have zero tattoos as well.
- Do I need to have a certain look or body type to be selected? Absolutely not! We celebrate individuals of ALL shapes, sizes, and ethnicities. Our organization is made up of predominantly women celebrating women as well as men who celebrate all women! We fight discrimination, we don’t encourage it. There is also no maximum age range to apply. You can apply if you are 18 years old or older, there is no age limit. We’ve had ladies in the calendar that were above the age of 50, don’t limit yourselves!
- I have applied in the past but was not selected. Is it helpful if I go online and leave comments under the model call posts about how I wasn’t selected in the past? Of course, this is NOT helpful and we would appreciate if you commented to support our cause instead. If you feel the need to bash this contest or the people taking a chance on becoming an advocate through our calendar, please do so in your own space. We are a 501(c)3 non profit organization and this calendar is one of the main ways that we are able to do such good work each year. Please do not discourage applicants from applying. We cannot select anyone that does not apply.
- Can someone under the age of 18 apply, even with parental consent? No. The model call is open to all individuals over the age of 18 at the time of application. Parental consent will not be considered for underage applicants.
- I don’t want to model but I have a charming dog that would love to be featured! Awesome! Please select the “dog only” option on the model call application. We’d love to consider your dog alongside with a “model only” applicant.
- Can I apply if I am a transgender person that identifies as female? Absolutely! As long as you’re passionate about our mission, you can apply! What about guys? We prefer that guys apply FOR their dogs but are willing to entertain applications if you still wish to apply. We have had men in the calendar in past years and are not leaving the door closed off.
- Will I hear back if I am not picked for the 2019 calendar? You may hear from our volunteer coordinator teams in your region if you’ve expressed interest in working with us even if you are not selected for the calendar. We do not notify each applicant if they are not selected as calendar finalists. We will call the individuals that are finalists to book the shoots directly after the model call judging panel completes their role. If you don’t hear from us by May 15th, 2018, you can safely assume that you were not selected as a 2019 finalist but we hope to hear from you throughout the year and that you’ll apply again next year. Please do not be discouraged, there are only so many months in a calendar year. Thank you for your continued support!
Here are a few samples of what your shoot day will be like! Our beloved Photographer has been featured many times! Check out this excerpt from a Philadelphia news station!
I discovered Celeste Giuliano Photography while looking for story ideas. Celeste is an amazing Pin-up Photographer in Philadelphia and is the focus of this week’s story. I met up with her while she photographed Denise who is surprising her husband with Pin-up photos. Most of Celeste’s models are not professionals and it was fun to watch how Denise came to life during the photo session.
Posted by Bill Rohrer Fox 29 on Saturday, January 30, 2016
2013 Calendar Shoot Video:
TERMS THAT YOU WILL ACCEPT AT THE END OF THIS APPLICATION:
“Incomplete applications cannot become winners. All items must be included at the time of application submission and cannot be submitted in partial fashion. Judging will be based on the applicant’s submission as a whole. We will also review your social media to make sure that you follow our mission. That’s pretty darn important to us. Winners will be contacted by no later than May 10, 2018 to determine their ability to travel to PHILADELPHIA, PA for the photo shoots which take place on June 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18, 2018 in Philadelphia, PA. You will only need to attend a shoot on one of the dates that are assigned and for a total of half of one day. No special exceptions or accommodations around the date assigned to each model will be made. Entries cannot be cancelled nor changed once submitted. Winners will be publicly announced AFTER the photo shoots are completed. You will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement to preserve this information if you are selected. PFPB retains all rights and permissions to utilize images sent, in any manner whatsoever, as part of this application process in order to further its mission and operations. All materials submitted become the sole property of PFPB and will not be returned to applicant. Winners who are chosen and who choose to accept our terms and conditions will be required to sign an additional contract with both PFPB and Celeste Giuliano Photography as part of their acceptance. Contracts will be provided upon written acceptance by the applicant which must be received within 24 hours of notification by PFPB. Emails and phone calls regarding the contest WILL NOT BE RETURNED FOR ANY REASON. Read this document in its entirety and be prepared to book your own travel and expenses if you are contacted as a finalist or winner. Thank you & good luck! My $50.00 donation to enter the modeling contest is a tax-deductible donation to Pinups for Pitbulls, Inc. to support their non profit mission. Disclaimer: I understand that Pinups for Pitbulls, Inc. may use select replies for their website or social media purposes. I am giving express permission by signing this application electronically.”
Thank you so much! Good Luck!