The 2023 Calendar, COVID-19, and Past Applications
We opened this year’s model call in 2019, and COVID-19 kept us from making the 2020 calendar we wanted to. We’re finally back in business, and will combine all entries since March 2019 into our 2023 calendar, our final calendar.
If you applied before June 15, 2020: Thank you for supporting us during the early pandemic! You still chose to apply in support of our mission despite possible financial constraints during these trying times. We love and applaud you for helping us move forward! As a thank-you, your application will receive second round judging status automatically.
If you applied since June 16, 2020, thank you! Your applications will go through the regular two-round judging process with our panel.
We understand that not everyone who applied in previous years may be able to make it and that they may have lost their beloved co-applicants in this time. We are deeply saddened to think about that and will consider alternates, if needed, to support those applications.
The original Facebook fundraiser challenge for the 2020 calendar model call did result in a Cover Dog being selected, and two calendar spots (1 model only, 1 dog only), as we originally promised for the 2020 calendar model call (for 2021). Anyone that applied that didn’t win the FB fundraiser will still be considered for “Dog Only” category for the 2023 call. There’s only one cover so this was the only fair way to go about it.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I apply with a friend or a sibling? No. Only ONE person per application. You CANNOT submit as a “team.” You can apply as: 1 human model without a dog, 1 human model with a dog, 1 cover dog only or 1 dog needing a human model.
- When will the shoots take place? We will be shooting the 2023 calendar at Celeste Giuliano’s Philadelphia-based studio BETWEEN June 8th-10th, 2022 and June 12th-15th, 2022. This is a professional studio setting. Your studio day will be reserved for you, Celeste’s hair & make up team, your dog handler (if applicable), our team, and your dog (if applicable) and that’s it. Your shoot would only be a half-day long (AM or PM) sometime between 8AM-7PM EST. You will be notified of your date and time by PFPB. See what the shoots are like. NOTE: Due to the pandemic, we will have a maximum of one model and one handler allowed per shoot.
- Will my expenses be covered by Pinups for Pitbulls, Inc.? It will be YOUR financial responsibility to get to and from your photo shoot and to make your own travel arrangements for your dog, if you are applying with a dog or for a dog. We highly recommend considering this if you would need to fly, drive a long distance, and/or stay overnight. You can use our Airbnb referral code for $40 off.
- Do I need to be a Pin-Up model or have modeling experience? Do I need to provide professionally shot photographs with my application? Absolutely not! We look for individuals who embody our mission statement of education to combat breed-specific legislation, and who are working, volunteering, or advocating for any kind of dog related group regularly (OR if you plan to do so through us, that works too). The majority of our pin-ups in the calendar are animal advocates in their communities. Many of those ladies experienced pin-up modeling for their first time on the day of their shoot. All selected candidates will receive first class directing and assistance from Celeste Giuliano and her team. You do not need to submit professionally shot photographs with your application.
- Do I need to have tattoos? Absolutely not! Many of our past pin-ups have tattoos but that is certainly not the reason that they were selected. Many of our past pin-ups have zero tattoos as well. Tattoos have nothing to do with our mission or work and are not part of the consideration process.
- Do I need to have a certain look or body type to be selected? Absolutely not! We celebrate individuals of ALL shapes, sizes, and ethnicities. Our organization is made up of predominantly women celebrating women as well as men who celebrate all women! We fight discrimination, we don’t encourage it. There is also no maximum age range to apply. You can apply if you are 18 years old or older, there is no age limit. We’ve had ladies in the calendar that were above the age of 50, don’t limit yourselves! We’re certainly not putting a limit on you!
- Can I apply if I am a transgender person that identifies as female? Absolutely! As long as you’re passionate about our mission, you can apply! What about guys? We prefer that guys apply FOR their dogs but are willing to entertain applications if you still wish to apply. We have had men in the calendar in past years and are not leaving the door closed.
- Can I apply if I do not have a pit bull-type dog? Absolutely! Please apply by selecting the “Model Only” option.
- I don’t want to model, but I have a charming dog that would love to be featured! Awesome! Please select the “dog only” option OR the “cover dog only” option on the model call application There are additional rules, so please read them if you plan to choose the “cover dog only” option. We’d love to consider your dog alongside with a “model only” applicant.
- Will my dog have to be around other dogs at the photoshoot? We will NOT have multiple dogs on set. Your shoot date and time will be solely for you and your dog only along with your handler and our team.
- Can someone under the age of 18 apply, even with parental consent? No. The model call is open to all individuals over the age of 18 at the time of application. Parental consent will not be considered for underage applicants.
- I have applied in the past but was not selected. Is it helpful if I go online and leave comments under the model call posts about how I wasn’t selected in the past? Of course, this is NOT helpful and we would appreciate if you commented to support our cause instead. If you feel the need to bash this contest or the people taking a chance on becoming an advocate through our calendar, please do so in your own space. We are a 501(c)3 non profit organization and this calendar is one of the main ways that we are able to do such good work each year. Please do not discourage applicants from applying. We cannot select anyone that does not apply. We would also appreciate if you don’t post comments like, “maybe this will be my year” or “third times a charm” as we can guarantee that this will reduce your chances with our judging panel. This kind of negativity can have devastating effects on our model call submission outcome. People are trying to be brave when they apply and comments like that can be quite discouraging. “Comparison is the thief of joy,” as they say, and we hope you won’t compare yourself to others when applying.
- Will I hear back if I am not picked for the 2023 calendar? You may hear from our volunteer coordinator teams in your region if you’ve expressed interest in working with us even if you are not selected for the calendar. We do not notify each applicant if they are not selected as calendar finalists. We will call the individuals that are finalists to book the shoots directly after the model call judging panel completes their role. We also highly encourage you to sign up to volunteer through our e-newsletter contact form so you can begin that process regardless of this contest outcome.
- Any advice on how to stand out? One of the best ways to stand out to our judging panel is by helping us promote the model call and Pinups for Pitbulls, Inc. regularly through your social media channels. Help to market our web store , share the model call application link, join our volunteer teams, and share our posts on social media. Don’t forget to tag us and hashtag #pfpbmodelcall2023 #pinupsforpitbulls so we notice you! If you’re not an active volunteer, use our contact form to begin the process.
- I want to apply with more than one of my dogs. Great! The more applications, the merrier! You will need to apply for an individual dog separately and note in your 2nd application that you’d like the dog to be considered with your original dog application. That can be One Model + One dog application and then a Dog Only application (per extra dog). You cannot apply for more than one dog in an application. You must specify which dog we’re considering per application. Thank you for understanding!
Terms and Conditions
You will be required to accept the following terms at the end of this application:
Incomplete applications cannot become winners. All items must be included at the time of application submission and cannot be submitted in partial fashion. Judging will be based on the applicant’s submission as a whole. We will also review your social media to make sure that you follow our mission and to see if you’re promoting the model call. That’s pretty darn important to us, so if you have a private page, please make it public during the model call when possible. Not OK with sharing your private page with us? Think about starting a specific page to promote the model call and tag us with it. It will count against your application if we cannot see your social shares. If you don’t have social media, it will also not help your application but it will not necessarily disqualify you. People who regularly and passionately share our work are the folks that get the most attention from our judges. Winners will be contacted by us after the Model Call ends to determine the date to shoot the calendar and determine their ability to travel to PHILADELPHIA, PA. You will only need to attend a shoot on one of the dates that are assigned and for a total of half of one day. No special exceptions or accommodations around the date assigned to each model will be made. Entries cannot be cancelled nor changed once submitted. Winners will be publicly announced AFTER the photo shoots are completed. You will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement to preserve this information if you are selected. PFPB retains all rights and permissions to utilize images sent, in any manner whatsoever, as part of this application process in order to further its mission and operations. All materials submitted become the sole property of PFPB and will not be returned to applicant. Winners who are chosen and who choose to accept our terms and conditions will be required to sign an additional contract with both PFPB and Celeste Giuliano Photography as part of their acceptance. You will NOT be able to provide your own hair, make up, wardrobe choices, or wardrobe feedback. We assure you that we will not ask you to wear anything that you are uncomfortable wearing. Contracts will be provided upon written acceptance by the applicant which must be received within 24 hours of notification by PFPB. Emails and phone calls regarding the contest WILL NOT BE RETURNED FOR ANY REASON. Read this document in its entirety and be prepared to book your own travel and expenses if you are contacted as a finalist or winner. Thank you & good luck!
My $50. 00 donation to enter the modeling contest is a tax-deductible donation to Pinups for Pitbulls, Inc. to support their non profit mission. Disclaimer: I understand that Pinups for Pitbulls, Inc. may use select replies for their website or social media purposes. I am giving express permission by signing this application electronically.
COVID-19 NOTICE: Due to the difficulties that we are all facing with this recent issue, please note that we retain the right to change the dates of the contest as well as the dates of the actual photoshoots. This may be something that we are not in control of and may be subject to the guidance of local and national governments. Based on this, we clearly state that we will retain all funds donated throughout the extent of the Model Call Contest for the continued operations of PFPB and the Contest. If we are required to change any dates, we cannot be held liable for any additional costs incurred by the Applicants. We will do our best to stick to the original schedule noted above and will communicate any required changes as they occur. We are doing this to ensure our adherence to CDC and WHO standards while honoring any guidance passed down to us by local and Federal government entities.
Thank you so much! Good Luck!